Monday, July 4, 2016

Oh Melancholy My Love~



So I’m alone again. It’s been a while since I opened this page. Maybe I was happy for that while. But honestly I don’t know. Dysthymia has gotten the best of me again. This time I think I have forgotten how to love. It is not that I do not want to. It is just.. I don’t feel much anymore these days. 

I’ve torn myself open and gave so many bits of my heart away that there was nothing left for you. I’ve sewed myself up so many times that all I feel is numbness now. It seems like there is only one thing I can love now:

Melancholy. It’s a strange feeling of comfort. It’s the reason I can’t love anything, or anyone. Time has allowed me to get good at faking emotions, laughter, tears, anger, frustration, just to fit in society. And I think I’ve done really well with it. I have social groups, I have connections, I even have admirers. I’ve faked so many emotions that sometimes I do not know if I’m experiencing them or not. In all truth, I sometimes wonder if I feel anything at all. 

Melancholy isn’t a state of sadness to me, rather an endless wave of emptiness. The comfort that I hold no connections to anyone or anything. That my life is my own to live or die if I wish so. The feeling that nothing can tie me down. I want to be alone in this world. But yet I cant. If I were to be stuck in the 5th dimension like Matthew Mcconaughey, I think I will feel right at home. Away just away from everything. No connections, no friends, no lovers, just an endless emptiness. I would like to live in such a place. 

Oh look tears. I don’t know why these are falling. I did not love you. I could not love you. Neither am I feeling that sharp pain in the chest people associate with heartbreak. This is new to me. Ha. Maybe, somehow, I’ve soften up. A little, maybe. Ah they stopped. I count 3. 

This is frustrating. I want to love, I want the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I want a deep personal connection with someone. I want to smile simply because I saw her face. I want that feeling whereby everything else doesn’t matter because we are together. 

Have I harden my heart so much that it’s too late for me? This thing beating in the middle of my chest, has it become so cold? Ice-nine. I think that’s what resides deep within me. Pumping devil’s water through my coal veins. 

Will someone come along and recite the lyrics to Coldplay’s Fix you to me? Cause I’ve tried my best I swear. And I don’t know what else I can do. Fix me! I dare you to! Just remember the world ended because of Ice-nine. That’s what resides within me so approach with caution. 


And if you are reading this, I’m sorry. I really am.